Hey Folks! We love you and want more than anything for you to grow and thrive in your marriages as you grow and thrive in your faith! By the way…we all have more chairs and more air conditioning this week. Thanks for being “hot and sweaty” AND “snuggling-up” a bit last Sunday!
Here are some notes from the class and a short peal at this coming Sunday!
We covered four types of tendencies that a woman must fight.
FOUR KINDS OF DESTRUCTIVE WIVES
1. THE “MOTHER” WIFE (Dominant) – Prov. 21:9
2. THE “FEARFUL” WIFE (Enabler)– 1 Kings 21
3. THE “BUSY” WIFE (Destracted) 1 Peter 3:7
4. THE “MANIC” WIFE (Emotion -Motivated) Prov 12:4
Proverbs 31:1-12 A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than Rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
- “Marrying Mom” – Some women marry weak men and expect to play the role of mom in their lives. While it may “work” for a while, it is incredibly debilitating to the development of a man to still “live with his mom” as an adult.
- An Enabler simply gives approval (tacit or open) to things that are destructive. When a wife becomes an enabler to her husbands destructive behavior…it never ends well. “Loving your husband well”, sometimes means you will not allow him to continue in his destructive ways. Even if you know it will be a hard road ahead.
- “She is Sooooo Busy” – Sometimes our wives have a problem saying “no”. Sometimes they don’t want to say no because they can lead a very separate life from the man they once enjoyed being with”
- Emotional are great things. Love , Compassion, Passion etc… They make great cabooses but are terrible engines”. Marriage need to be based upon “speaking the truth in love” with emotions taken into account…not speaking emotions with the truth taken in to account”
See ya in the morning!
Hixon and Margie