Just a quick thought on our words…
We reveal what is in our hearts by what we say to others…
- THE GOSSIP: Reveals that he/she is INSECURE (Gossip is idle talk or rumour, especially about the personal or private affairs of others.) Prov 18:8 The words of a gossip are like choice morsels that go down into a man’s in most part
- THE SLANDER-ER Reveals that he/she is ARROGANT 2 Timothy 2:1-3
- INNUENDO – Reveals that he/she wants to cut and malign but not be held responsible for it. COWARDICE. Captains Log “First Mate is drunk today”…… First Mates Log “Captain is sober”. Implying the Captain is drunk every other time
- THE FLATTERER – Reveals that he/she is a MANIPULATOR/SHALLOW/CHILDISH Gossip involves saying something behind a person’s back what you would never say to his/her face. Flattery means saying something to a person’s face that you would never say behind their back. Romans 16:17-18
- THE CRITIC –The Root of most Criticism is ANGER/JEALOUSY Criticism is the judgment of the merits and faults of the work or actions of one individual by another (the critic). To criticize does not necessarily imply to find fault, but the word is often taken to mean the simple expression of prejudice or disapproval.
James 1:26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.