Here are s few dangling thoughts that I can’t really attach to any complete entries…
- IT IS POSSIBLE for a 10 year old boy to inflict great pain on his father while wrestling! Just saying.
- STAFF EVALUATIONS are a great chance to encourage and support the staff. Especially when they are ridiculously talented, faithful and love the Lord. This week starts the process of looking back over the last 12 months and celebrating what God is doing in the life of the ministerial and support staff at FBC. They are the “crème of the crop”!
- SINGLES MINISTRY RESURRECTION has begun! Every week God brings more single young adults to FBC and to the “Single Focus” Midweek Gathering. 6:30pm Wednesdays, if you can be there!
- CHRISTIANITY 101! WITH BLESSING COMES CRITICISM! While we are all willing to learn from our mistakes (of which I make plenty) the venom with which they are pointed out has a huge bearing on my willingness to accommodate the issue. Yes, there is a story there… No, I will not share it.
- NOT ONLY IS IT “More Blessed to Give than to Receive”……. it is more fun!
- A MARK OF BEING A CHRISTIAN is COMPASSION. Jesus had compassion for folks. He saw them as sheep without a shepherd, lost and without hope. (Mark 6:24, Luke 7:33 etc…)
- SOLD MY TRUCK. Real sad day. Pretty sure I had an unhealthy attachment to that hunk of steel! Oh well, good decision. “sniff, sniff.”THERE IS A POINT IN A PERSON’S LIFE where the PAIN OF SELLING A BELOVED VEHICLE is outweighed by the PAIN OF WRITING A MONTHLY CHECK!
- SUCCESS IS POLARIZING! When God is doing something special in a church, critics come out of the woodwork…… like termites.
- MY “BROWN EYED GIRL” lights up a room by just smiling. (Silver Braces add to the shine!)
- iPHONE APPS ARE ADDICTIVE…. Spurgeon, iBomber, Logos, Dragon Dictation… Pretty sure the iPhone runs on MAGIC! Really.
- HEARING SERMON AFTER SERMON without the slightest intent of putting it into practice makes you cynical, critical and eventually kills your faith. (James 1:22)
- The CHRISTIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY is an interesting mix of Amazing Worship Opportunities, Secular Marketing Techniques, Sincere performers, God Inc., Prima Donnas, Shepherds, Pretenders, over-stylized niche singers, fantastic talent….. for sure an accurate reflection of the Church. (too strong?)
- CAN’T WAIT FOR THE M.E.G.A. CONFERENCE! Learn a lot, laugh a lot. Looking forward to meeting some new folks too. Always an encouraging few days!
Whew….that is a load off my mind!