MARK 6:34 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
A friend of mine wears a t-shirt that boldly states: “Jesus Loves Strippers!” We could argue the appropriateness of the shirt or whether she should wear it at all, but here’s the thing…. after initially “wincing” at it, I think she has a good point! Jesus does indeed love strippers….. He also loves homosexuals, cheaters, thieves, gossips, Republicans, Democrats, Baptists, drunks, gossips, etc….. (John 3:15-18) A Few Quick thoughts:
- Jesus was liberal in His Love for the lost (thieves, immoral, unloved, etc) (Luke 5:30)
- Jesus was fierce in his condemnation of the religious hypocrites. (Gospels, all)
- Jesus said that people will know we are His disciples if we “love one another” and love like Jesus. (John 13:35, John 3:16)
- People are not the enemy…they are the objective! If a man who does not know Jesus, behaves accordingly…how can we condemn him?
- Shouldn’t our attitude be that of a beggar who has found food and want to show other beggars where to eat?
As a Christian my job is NOT to find a way to make a “bad person” good … it is to show THE WAY that a dead person can be alive.
excerpts from the The Bible Study Series, “Things They Did Not Tell Me About My Faith” – Hixon Frank 2007